Recently I had a friend tell me how she listed attributes she wanted in mr right – she said she was super specific about it – right down to the type of shoes her dream man would wear. I thought she was being a bit TOO specific but a couple of weeks later, she met him. The guy. WHO WAS WEARING THE SHOES!
It got me thinking about it and I realised I’ve never actually put it down in black and white what my idea of Prince Charming actually is. And I thought maybe going through that exercise might help me to visualize what I want (and more importantly, what I don’t want.)
I have a feeling this will be more of a working doc than a static post because I’m sure more and more points will come up. But Prince Charming or Mr Right, if you’re out there then this is you:
– needs to read
Whether it’s fiction or non fiction -that’s ok. As long as he regularly reads actual books without pictures, fantastic. (Graphic novels are a solid maybe)
– into health and fitness
Not saying he needs to be mr universe. It’s simple: I value my health, I eat healthy and work out and I couldn’t be with someone who didn’t.
– sense of humour
I can’t imagine being with someone who can’t laugh with me. I want someone who can make me laugh or get a smile out of me even if I’m having a tough day. Laughter and fun is vital in a relationship so that’s a pretty nb quality for my mr right.
– not a pushover
Can’t be having a relationship with one leader and one follower. I want a team. Compromise. Debate. Passion.
– not a dictator
I don’t want someone who thinks his word is law. I’m way too independent for that.
Some quick things that I’ll explain later:
– kind (to me and others)
– positive attitude
– G-Star Raw
– strawberry milkshakes
– beach over forest
– braai master
– must be able to cook
– good relationship with family (if not all then most)
– South African
– independent (car/flat/job)
– no criminal record
– no veldskoene (not as part of daily wear)
– minimal drama with ex girlfriends
– single for at least a year
– must actually want to commit to a real relationship
– I want him to look at me like I’m the greatest gift the universe ever sent him. And I want to feel the exact same way about him.
– must have watched and taken note of this video.
– finds me attractive at any given moment
– loves cuddles
– must be chemistry between us
– passionate (from beliefs to debates to sex)
– must believe in marriage
– must want kids
– must be faithful and not be a cheater (ever)
– open minded
– not a racist
– handsy or creative
…. To be continued